RATES AND SERVICES
- Substantive/Development Editing This is an overall edit of your work, paying special attention to structure, flow, character development, tone, clarity, dialogue, etc.
- Copy and Line Editing This is a sentence-by-sentence review of basic mechanics: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and tense. I will also review your word choice, phrasing, dialogue, and overall consistency.
- Complete Editing (includes both options above)
- Proofreading This is the final look at your work immediately prior to printing or publishing. I will look for spelling errors, typos, layout problems, etc. No changes to content or style will be made.
Rates and Requirements
Rates are based upon the type of editing you request and the level of editing involved.
Substantive/Developmental Editing $35 per hour
Copy and Line Editing $35 per hour
Complete Edit $35-$45 per hour
Proofreading $25 per hour
1000 word sample edit FREE
- All work must be submitted in standard submission format – double spaced with size 12 font, approximately 250 words per page.
- Authors who prefer to have the editing done on a hard-copy of their manuscript will be responsible for all shipping costs.
- Half of the agreed upon rate is due upon acceptance of the contract with the balance due before delivery of the completed project. Hiring a talented editor is expensive, especially if your manuscript is lengthy.We can discuss a payment plan if necessary.
How it Works
- Submit 750-1000 words of your manuscript for a free editing preview. This will give both of us the assurance that we are right for each other before we commit to the project.
- We will communicate by email to determine which services you need and what the total cost is for the services you choose.
- I will email you a contract outlining the services you have selected and the total price.
- Upon acceptance of the terms of the contract and receipt of the down payment, I’ll get to work polishing your writing to perfection!